[ale] pauldotcom.com NOT

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Feb 14 17:57:08 EST 2013

Either 'at' or task-spooler?

Also, mplayer has been ported to almost every platform and getting it to dump audio is trivial.  It used to be something like mplayer -dumpaudio, but check the man page.

If the video is an mkv container, mkvexport can dump any stream - video, audio, captions, subs, .... whatever.

>I heard on one of the Linux podcasts about some sort of task scheduler
>where you could run batches of commands on schedule.  It wasn't
>crontab.  But now I cannot remember where I heard it.  I might have to

Sent from a Linux system.