[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW @ SPSU MTG. for Tues., Feb. 12, 7:30pm

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Feb 13 10:03:26 EST 2013

Hi all,

The traffic was awful, and dangerous.  The drive was long (for me).  The weather was terrible.

However, the meeting was cool.

JD told us a good bit about digital video recording.  Then we learned what the code for a basic game looked like in C, C++, Objective C, Go, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Javascript, Coffeescript, and Dart.

My favorites were Go and Ruby, but I'm biased since I was looking into learning those.

If I had my choice, I'd like a language which is compiled, object oriented but doesn't force it on you, non white space sensitive, and has garbage collection, and has a great GUI available.  Sounds like Go, except for the GUI.  Unfortunately, it's not catching on in the market like I hoped it would.

Very good show.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Ron