[ale] [OT]I think this is awesome, you may find it scary

Richard Bronosky richard at bronosky.com
Tue Feb 12 10:50:52 EST 2013

So, we have been talking about cable modems in another thread. I have
replied to the thread, but I never searched for a product to reference or
anything like that. Now, when I go to amazon.com to order some more "I'm
too busy coding to get up and eat right now" bars. I see an ad for the
Motorola 6141 SurfBoard Modem. I can only assume that Google scanned my
Gmail and caused this to happen. I've seen my searches in Google Shopping
and on Amazon affect Google adsense ads and Amazon ads respectively. But,
I've never seen such a crossover. Maybe it is a coincidence. I don't think
it is.

I think this is awesome. I know I am going to see ads when surfing the net.
I expect it. When the ads are well targeted, I like it. That's right. I
like ads! I go to my job and earn money so that I can buy geeky stuff like
Android tablets, RaspberryPi accessories, and flash drives so small you can
lose them inside a USB port. I like that I see ads for these things instead
of for Lexus and Tampax. I only wish my TV ads were so relevant.

Okay, queue the "corporapist" rant.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.