[ale] OT: Comcast modem

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at UnderGrid.net
Mon Feb 11 13:51:50 EST 2013

As others have said, and from the link that was provided... I'd agree
with the Motorola Surfboard models. I have personally been running on a
SB6120 and haven't had any problems with it. When ComScat turned on IPv6
support it picked it up and handed it off to my router without incident
as well.

I've been using it since I switched over to cable from DSL after
AT&Fail pissed me off for the last time back around '09. In fact when I
called to switch over they simply asked me if I had a modem or needed
one provided, I told them I'd have one in 30 minutes and they said
they'd have me online in less than that once I did. You'll likely only
have to call to provide them the modem's MAC address and have them
update your account. Then I'm certain you'll have to return the modem
before they'll stop charging you for it. If it ever goes out I'll likely
replace it with the SB6121 but by this point I've definitely gotten my
money's worth out of this one and it's still going strong.