[ale] OT: Comcast modem

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Mon Feb 11 10:56:50 EST 2013

Do you need or pay for static addresses, or run your own mail server?

A friend of mine uses Comcast business class in Dunwoody.  Comcast told him he needed to rent their modem if he wanted to use a static address.

Some mail servers and anti-spam programs will reject email from an address that's labeled 'dynamic', even if it's actually assigned staticly.  FWIW, it cleared up the problem.

later!
   horkan