[ale] [OT] DC 404 group was Fwd: Re: semi [OT] cool info, sn podcast, FIXING SSD'S, linksys router flaws, more

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Feb 11 10:17:18 EST 2013

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply.  It's good to know you're still meeting.  JD (I think) had referred me to your group since I have an interest in security topics.  I don't know how often I can get there physically due to fuel costs since I'm about 60 miles away.  Maybe I can make it periodically.

Just FYI, I looked at the dc404.org website originally after JD mentioned it.  I was a bit confused by two things:

* The current meeting is listed as Jan 2012 (rather than 2013) and
* The last meeting shown was July 2012.

But, now I know the group is still alive.

In terms of the mailing list, the lists.kaos.to domain is being blocked by my net filter as a proxy / anonymizer.  I could override that, but I wasn't sure what the implications would be.  Do you know if that domain hosts other groups, or just yours?  Also, do you know if it actually is a proxy / anonymizer?

Sincerely,

Ron

"Watson, Keith" <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

>The founder of DC404 used his site for the initial web site and email
>list.
>
>Our new web site is http://dc404.org/
>
>However the email list is still run on (I'm the moderator).

>I suspect that a .to domain was used to start with to provide a modicum
>of privacy from government eyes but that is just conjecture on my part.
>If you come to the meeting this Saturday, 2/16/2013, you can ask the
>founder Dr. Kaos (assuming he isn't at Shmoocon giving a presentation).
>
>keith

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com