[ale] apt-get install php5-imap not working on Ubuntu Maverick

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Feb 6 11:25:35 EST 2013

Maverick (10.10) is not supported any longer - and hasn't been receiving any
patches since April 2012. http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Maverick

For any system with any connection to the internet, this is scary. Patches are
critical.  10.04 and 12.04 are LTS supported Ubuntu releases with 5 yrs of
support from the month of their release.  For production servers, being on an
LTS release is an important decision, IMHO.

So the correct answer is to get onto a supported release.  I'd push for 12.04.x
for a new install and skip both 12.10, 13.04 releases which are never as stable
as LTS and have much shorter support periods.