[ale] help mint13 / mate ups not recognized usb cable

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue Feb 5 13:51:15 EST 2013

James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE)
><atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:
>> I am aware of the apcupsd daemon and have not installed it.  The
>Gnome power manager or Mate power manager should be able to see the
>battery and manage the power without this daemon.
>
>Why should it be able to do so? That's the point of the daemon.

Actually, I did try installing apcupsd while running the Mint live DVD.  It didn't seem to have any affect on the mate power manager subsystem.  I was under the impression that using the built in power manager or the apcupsd were two different ways to do the same thing.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com