[ale] public sharing of folders on linux - newbie question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:03:29 EST 2013

The OP indicated a desire to share from linuxmachineA to any system with no
OS specified. As NFS on windows is poor and CIFS support on Linux is solid,
Samba makes sense.
There are web-based file-sharing tools but they're not as easy to use as
mounted drive space. Also, they use central file system and aren't designed
for desktop level file sharing.