[ale] my new Linux home - Mint 13 + Mate

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Feb 2 23:46:51 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing Mint 13 into a VM.  I think I've found
my new Linux home for the next 5 years, since I have to upgrade from
Ubuntu 11.04.  I'm using Mate, so I have the major Gnome 2 features I've
always liked: an actual menu, panels - including my cpu monitor, min max
and close icons on the right side of the window, and menus within each
window.  Since I feel betrayed by Ubuntu's UI fiasco, I now consider
myself a Mint user, rather than an Ubuntu user, even though the base
code is from Ubuntu.  It was a nice ride while it lasted.  When, I get
the time, I'll install this on all my systems.

Ron

--

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)