[ale] Android Backup (ot)

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Sat Feb 2 17:35:52 EST 2013

Hello jesse,

>  Hi I want to localy backup all my photos from my original HTC
> Incredible (sd and photo storage) to my Ubuntu 12.04 machine
> automatically whenever my machine is on and my phone connects to
> wifi. I'm what program does anyone recommed?
> PS: I kinda do not want to use the cloud.
>     Thank you.

I know you don't want to use the cloud, but Dropbox has become simply *amazing* for this.  I now click or video away, and as long as I have a wifi internet connection the photos automatically show up on my computer and I have backups online. Also, if you turn on auto-upload of images from your Android and Ubuntu, then Dropbox will automatically increase your free space up to an additional 3GB.  By the way, if choose to get a free Dropbox account, use someone's referral link so both of you get the free 500MB additional space.  You could end up with a 5.5GB free Dropbox account just be doing those two things, and 6GB if you go through their 10-minute tutorial.

Cheers,
Robert~