[ale] Presentation challenge

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Feb 1 13:48:38 EST 2013

On 02/01/2013 01:08 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> I wouldn't mind a presentation on Mint, or on installing Mate or Cinnamon on Ubuntu.  Since my Ubuntu 11.04 expired, I have to figure out whether to fire them and go to Mint or try to put Mate or Cinnamon on Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ron
I put Cinnamon on Ubuntu for a friend new to Linux.  There were a couple
of what looked to be usable tutorials on-line and I followed one of
them.  It was pretty easy and went off without a hitch.  I don't recall
which one it was.  If you don't want to wait for a presentation, Google
ubuntu and cinnamon and see if you can't find the details.  As I recall
I just copy/pasted the various steps and it worked.

Incidentally, he was having problems with getting the wireless card and
the printer working right.  He said that "it fixed itself" eventually.
I suspect the system was configured to upgrade automatically.  In any
case, we have an impressed believer in Linux now.

Jim.