[ale] Android to Linux

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Apr 24 12:08:43 EDT 2013

No idea, but "Terminal IDE" can make Android "feel" like a linux shell for
common tasks. All that I've missed are good rsync-over-ssh and scp/sftp clients.
 On a root'ed device, you can do almost anything from the shell.

The permissions model used by Android is different than used by normal Linux
systems. Access to different hardware on the device is controlled via UNIX
groups, at least that is how it appears.  Each app is run under a dedicated uid,
not the expected "userid" that we expect coming from server or desktop linux.