[ale] Moving my Wife/Kids phones into the 20th Century

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:46:42 EDT 2013

JD,

Wait, you have a cell plan that costs $2.50 per MONTH?????? Or was that a
typo?

I switched from Verizon to T Mobile a little over a year ago because of
their required $30/month" data plan, but I'm paying WAY more than that on
my G S2 phone.

If the question was regarding running up high costs with a data plan, I
would suggest Straight Talk (aka Track Phone via Walmart). They used to
have "unlimited" plans for like $45/month and you can bring your own phone,
provided it is a TMobile, at least. If your concern was more on the order
of keeping them off the web for other reasons, I'm no help there.

Also, if you have an old Verizon phone, you can go with PagePlus with
Verizon coverage and various sized buckets of features from like
$20-$40/month. I have 2 kids doing that now and very happy with them, other
than the "customer no service" as Clark Howard likes to call it.