[ale] Moving my Wife/Kids phones into the 20th Century

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Apr 22 14:40:35 EDT 2013

On 4/22/2013 2:17 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Neal Rhodes <neal at mnopltd.com
> <mailto:neal at mnopltd.com>> wrote:
>

>     I agree on coverage.  If you go camping, you want Verizon.
>

> When I go camping I leave the phone in the car. I talk a walkie-talkie
> set.

> James P. Kinney III
> ////
> ////Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What
> you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on
> his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
> ////
> http://electjimkinney.org
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
> ////

I saw a funny ad once for a pickup truck.  I think it was GMC.  People
in the truck are riding along, continuing to look at their cell phone
display.  They keep saying things like "darn, still not right" or
something similar.  This goes on for a while.  Eventually, they end up
on top of a tall mountain.  They look at the cell phone and there is a
big icon that says "no service".  The guy closes the phone and says
something like "now it's right".  There are few ads I even tolerate, but
that was amusing, at least for the first 5 times I saw it.

Personally, though, I like the option of making a call should the need
arise.  I don't get TOO far off the beaten path when I'm outdoors.  I'm
more of a paved trails and boardwalks type of person.  To each his own
though.

Sincerely,

Ron

Ron Frazier