[ale] Computers. It's what all the kids are doing today.

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Mon Apr 22 12:08:15 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Among the highlights were an original Imsai 8080...

We have one of those.

I don't think it was the first computer my father built.  My father and
some of his JPL buddies would go to these computer swap meets and buy
parts, and I am told that Steve Jobs was selling stuff at some of them and
I probably saw him there.  I am trying to remember if that IMSAI 8080 used
the wire wrap or solder.  If my memory is correct it was wire wrap and a
lot easier to put together than his earlier computers.

Wow, the wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSAI_8080> page says:
Support for early IMSAI systems continues to this day.

Chuck