[ale] Micro Center Rocks

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sun Apr 21 08:05:49 EDT 2013

On 04/21/2013 03:33 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick note before I get to bed way too late.  I've been doing lots of
> research lately on purchasing computer parts, mainly gpu's and cpu's.  I've
> found that Micro Center often has prices that are cheaper than Frys, Tiger
> Direct, and NewEgg.  It's pretty amazing.  Just thought I'd pass it along.

I know that for CPUs, MicroCenter tries to have the lowest prices anywhere
hoping that you'll pick up a few other need-it-now items while in the store. I
know that their plan often works for me, when I'm building a new system, every
3-5 yrs or when a usually $2 part is needed, so I'm willing to spend $10 at MC
to get it "today."

I've learned to stock up on items on sale from NewEgg/Amazon - a few quiet PSUs
and a few DVD drives waiting for failures.

Picked up a few WD RED drives last week and I'm burning those in now before
adding them to a disk array.