[ale] how do I make a custom linux install boot from cd

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 07:21:03 EDT 2013

You build a custom cd image that has the packages and configurations you
need already on it. In Fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_a_Live_CD?rd=How_to_create_and_use_Fedora_Live_CD

I would guess Ubuntu has something similar. It sounds like you just need
to put the configurations in the CD image you're building. Or have an
rpm or package that gets installed last that has and specific things you
want to do?

You could use a thumb drive to test the builds and when it's ready just
move the image to a CD.

Does that make sense? I haven't had any coffee yet.  :)

Leam