[ale] [OT]Non-ISP Email services

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue Apr 2 11:33:33 EDT 2013

Buy a domain name at 1and1.com and pay for their email only service.  It's about $ 15 / year if I recall.  Then, you mail can come to your own domain.  It's a good idea (in my opinion) to pay something for such service.  In terms of customer service and maintenance, you get what you pay for.  $ 1.25 / month doesn't get you much in that regard, but with millions of customers, they have more funds to manage the data center and provide some help to needy customers.  Try to get some help from gmail for a problem.  Also, having your own domain name lends more credibility, which may be useful in some cases.  The domain name costs about $ 8 / year.

(PS I wasn't sure if you wanted to avoid all ISP's, which is not the question I answered, or the big three services.)

Sincerely,

Ron