[ale] anyone installed linux on to a flash drive

Ted W. ted at techmachine.net
Sun Sep 30 11:15:04 EDT 2012

It's become extraordinarily easy to install Linux on a flash drive. The
simplest way, is with a program called Unetbootin. You can download this
application from http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net. Once you download
Unetbootin, plug in your flash drive, fire it up and select the
distribution from the list at the top, or provide your own ISO image in
the browse window. Select your flash drive in the drop down at the
bottom and click "OK". Unetbootin takes care of the rest. Once it's
finished you can reboot your system and choose the flash drive in the
boot device menu (You may need to enable this in your BIOS).

I hope this gets you on your way, if you need further assistance I'm
sure someone here can help you out.