[ale] ot help! - warning radical changes to android astro file manager

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Sep 20 18:32:51 EDT 2012

"mike at trausch.us" <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

>On 09/15/2012 09:19 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
>> Can someone tell me now to sideload one of them or install it from
>the
>> google play application. I've already deinstalled their new version,
>so
>> I guess I don't have a file manager on my tablet now.
>
>Recommendation:  Get Titanium Backup.
>
>Requires root access, but can bail you out of lots of things, such as
>this.
>
>As for sideloading, either mount your device as a USB mass storage and
>copy the APK, then install that from a file manager on the device, or
>use the Android development platform tools and use ADB to push, then
>get
>a shell and use the software on the device to install from the command
>line (IIRC, that'd be the "pm" command, but it's been a while).
>
>	--- Mike

Hi Mike,

I meant to respond sooner.  Thanks for the note.  I was backing up the apps with the old Astro File Manager so I had an APK sitting around.  I ended up installing another file manager and copying the APK with that.  Then I tapped it and was able to install it.  Then I set my outdated Astro install never to update.

Rooting the device and getting Titanium Backup is on my list.  Just haven't done it yet.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com