[ale] OT: Lift up your monitors

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Tue Oct 16 01:57:04 EDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 06:01 PM, Mike Harrison wrote:
> On topic: Linux runs dual or more heads very very well, and I've fallen in
> love with how Enlightenment (and many others) treat each monitor as a set
> of desktops. I keep xterm on the left, and rotate the right monitor
> through different desktops for dev and reference.

I miss having a configuration where my screens were independent.
Xinerama seems to be the painless road, or at least the less painful
road, and I have more or less adapted.

If applications sanely supported multiple X screens (e.g., :0.0, :0.1,
..., :0.n), I would be much happier.  I like them being mostly
independent, but I do want the ability to "send" a running app from one
to the other sometimes without having to quit and re-start it on the
other terminal.

The last time I used a multi-X-screen instead of Xinerama setup, it only
lasted a little while before I went back to Xinerama mode.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”