[ale] Way OT - the death of Twinkies

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 22:42:34 EST 2012

On 11/16/2012 09:13 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
> On 11/16/2012 08:36 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
>>
>> Surely some of us are old enough to remember our Moms packing
>> Twinkies in our school lunch.
>>
>> Now that the Hostess Company is about to die because the bakers union
>> thought the company was bluffing when it said it would close its
>> doors without concessions, folks are reacting to the presumed death
>> of Twinkies, and the also iconic cupcakes.
>>
>> This feature by AP food editor J.M. Hirsch is a good read:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/cbphcq6
>>
>> Sean
>>

> I still like their cupcakes. I read they were in bankruptcy and one of
> the unions was not being very cooperative. So, I am not surprised.

Yeah. They filed for bankrupcy in Jan 2012. Other than deep fried, who
eats those things? It _is_ cheaper than embalming....

> --
> Jay Lozier
> jslozier at gmail.com

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://electjimkinney.org
http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/