[ale] OT - outdated Flash plugin for PPC

PairOfTwins PairOfTwins at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 12 17:04:36 EST 2012

Chuck:

My problem is that Adobe stopped providing PPC versions for OS 10.5 with
Flash 10.1, and more sites are denying video use due to demanding Flash 11.x

The most recend gnash plugin that I've been able to find is over 18
months old.

I'd looked at putting lightweight Linux in a VM to run current Firefox,
but a old single core PPC can barely keep up with video on a native
browser.

It seems reasonable that the browser could pretend to have more recent
flash, as it just may work...

Tom