[ale] Am I in any danger?

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:28:02 EST 2012

Scott

Often browser have an option to open the folder where the file(s) are
downloaded. Check your default download folder unless it destination was
overwritten.

Whether you are at risk depends on what the target is and whether it is
installed on your box. If it targets Java or some browser script you are
possibly at risk. If it is targeting something specific in IE or
Windows, obviously not.

You might try installing ClamAV and run a scan of your box. ClamAV is
probably in your repository.

Jay