[ale] OT sort of: youtube search results in Linux

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Nov 7 00:09:31 EST 2012

I was aware Google personalized search results, but do you suggest that would explain returning a list of videos for something like "stupid Obama supporters" but then having none of those videos play? I don't suspect Google was doing something evil, but it does seem like some other weird kink or error was in play. I would be interested to learn if Damon was signed into Google on either the Linux box that didn't work, the Windows box, that did, or neither, or both. Also if the same browser was used on both platforms.

Scott