[ale] [Slightly OT] Prolific

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sun Nov 4 23:27:58 EST 2012

On 11/04/2012 08:17 PM, David Tomaschik wrote:
> I have a PL2303-based cable that I routinely use with a router and it
> works fine.  I've never even seen a cable based on FTDI that was
> marketed for USB to standard serial, only ones for microcontroller
> "serial".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156039

Allegedly this would work.

I get the feeling I could give any of the cables I've bought over the
years to any of you and it'd probably magically start working as
intended.  :-)

Incidentally, the cable that I have has exactly the same appearances on
both sides, though it has (obviously) the PL2303.

So... yeah, I'm clueless.

	--- Mike

                                    --- Carveth Read, “Logic”