[ale] DRAT! - Ubuntu 11.04 end of life

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sun Nov 4 00:48:42 EDT 2012

On 11/04/2012 12:42 AM, David Tomaschik wrote:

>> >The who-what?
>> >

>> >         --- Mike
> I thought it had made bigger news:http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/tag/shopping-lens

It's possible.

I pretty much skip over anything from Canonical these days.

Reading that confirms (to me, anyway) that this is an appropriate
position to take.  IMHO, Canonical can be lumped in with the majority of
proprietary software companies.

I started to be turned off by them when interacting with their
developers and trying to help fix bugs for them.

It got worse when they started thinking that they know better than
everybody else.

And ultimately, they're now willing to sell out their users, too?

Canonical is firmly in the "evil" category, as far as I'm concerned.
How very sad and disappointing, I think.  They did very good things for
"Linux on the Desktop" when they started out.  *shakes head*

	--- Mike

                                    --- Carveth Read, “Logic”