[ale] Video Resolutions

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Tue Mar 27 09:37:22 EDT 2012

I agree about Apple stuff. On my 15 inch MacBook Pro, I set my default
terminal window to 95x22 and can comfortably fit 4 of them on my 1440x900
display. I'm hoping to get the 1680x1050 display next time.

Brian S.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Collin Pruitt <collin at collinp.com> wrote:

> On 3/26/12 3:09 PM, Brian Mathis wrote:
> > No matter what you think about Apple, they have finally kicked the
> > display industry in the pants and got them moving forward again.  We
> > used to be getting improvements in display resolution every so often,
> > until HD TV came out and everyone got lazy and stuck with "Full HD".
> > Now that there's a good marketing term again ("retina display"), we
> > will all soon benefit when newer displays come out.
> >

> > ❧ Brian Mathis
> >
> Oh yes, and after having personal experience with an iPad equipped with
> the retina display, it blows away HD monitors or TV's completely. The
> display industry has some serious catching up to do.
>
> --
> Collin Pruitt
> Ubuntu Member
> http://collinp.com/

The more laws and order are made prominent,
The more thieves and robbers there will be.*Lao-tzu*, *The Way of Lao-tzu*
*Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)*