[ale] Video Resolutions

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Mar 26 10:31:19 EDT 2012

After installing a (new to me) workstation I started looking for a new
LCD.  Currently I am using an Acer 21" wide screen.  I started looking
at 27", but I'm confused about resolutions.  I need as many pixels on
the screen as I can get.  The more I get the more stuff I can view
without scrolling.  What I do not understand is why as LCD screens get
larger the resolutions do not.  The resolution difference between my 21
and the Acer 27 is not that great.  I'm just curious what I can't get a
LCD with a 3K+x3k+ resolution.