[ale] OT Asus laptop stinkin' key legends coming off the stinkin' keys

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Mar 20 17:50:28 EDT 2012

On 03/20/2012 02:45 PM, Pete Hardie wrote:
> Curiously, my 'N' is one of the fading ones as well.  Says something
> about our word choice, perhaps.
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 14:30, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:
>> I’m seeing the degradation on my Dell D650 laptop but so far it mainly
>> affects the N key for no reason I can figure out.  However, that is after
>> 2-3 years of use.   At 9 months I’d have to say ASUS is the issue.

Spent $1 for 2 keyboards about 15 yrs ago. Best $1 I've spent.
The keyboards?

      IBM Model M - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

When a key starts sticking, I swap the "spare" keyboard in and clean the dirty
one later.  The right shift was was sticking a little last week. Popped the key,
a little soap and water with an old toothbrush - good as new.

The feel is fantastic.

Two Downsides:
 * I wish it didn't click, but the feel is too good and they definitely last.
 * No "super" key.

BTW, the "N" is perfect still - this must be from 1990 or before, right?