[ale] Linux shell process

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Fri Mar 16 16:35:04 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Jim Butler
<jimbutler1234567890 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Suppose you have a list of 10 birthdays for 10 different friends, and
> you wanted to create a task from within a bash shell environment that
> would alert you as to when each friend's birthday came around. How would
> you do it?

I would create a ~/.calendar file. Then I would receive an email reminding
me.

You could also add the command calendar -w 7 in your .profile to display
any birthdays in the next 7 days on login.  See man calendar.   I think I
first learned about calendar using BSDi.

Chuck