[ale] Failing GRUB

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Mar 15 09:30:57 EDT 2012

I'm surprised that the online info and forums are obsolete.  There was
a version 2 that was GPLv2, and there is now a version 3 grub that is
GPLv3.  (I didn't double check that just now, though, for
correctness.)

I get the impression that all the development effort is focussed on
the new one, which is way different---It doesn't have menu.lst like I
expect but has grub.cfg somewhere.  Anyway, I'd expect there to be
responsive developers in active forums for the new one.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/