[ale] Ubuntu in VirtualBox

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:26:16 EDT 2012

Sorry, I was unclear.

I'm a developer and I'd like to create a number of VDI's/drives for various
versions of tools I use; Db2 version x, version x + 1, Oracle 10, 11,
various versions of application servers, etc.   Ideally I'd like to have
just that one thing on each VDI, then I can attach whatever versions of
things I need for a particular programming job (my company does
banking/financial software, so we need to try to use what the banks already
have installed and their versions of stuff are all over the place).

So... my question really was, if I have a bunch of VDIs with all this
stuff, is there any practical limit to how many I can hang off the virtual
SATA controller at a time?  I'm up to 4 right now (/dev/sda through
/dev/sdd) and it's working, but if I split this stuff up like I want, I
might get up to 8 or so.

Thanks