[ale] Pleased to say it finally worked out

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:07:12 EST 2012

After a rather terrifying wrangle with various versions of the radio
and bootloader images, I'm pleased to say that the HTC G1 which I
updated on stage at last month's ALE is now running CyanogenMod 6.1,
the latest officially supported version  for this hardware.  The
cheerleaders wallpaper is tasteless but fun -- proof that most Android
hackers are male.

It turns out that getting the correct radio image version, boot
version, and kernel version are crucial to this process.  I had
success with

HBOOT 1.33.0013d ( DREA10000)
RADIO 2.22.23.02
update-cm-6.1.0-DS-signed.zip  ( md5sum 2b1960f616a5cd265e293cd79ec318ac )

Other combinations of HBOOT, RADIO, and update-cm versions will cause
the phone to boot-loop indefinitely.

-- CHS