[ale] Help! I am getting zyppered!

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:08:19 EST 2012

Thanks all for your comments,

Meanwhile I turned of the executive bits in "gpg2" which they seem to
need for decryption.
I also renamed all "zypp" etc to "zypp~".
This seems to work, never know what will happen on rebooting.

This is the first time I am disappointed with suse. Normally the stuff
works like a charm, especially the install procedure is very
transparent, unlike fedora where they start formatting your disk
before you have even had the chance to make a selection of packages.

I also tried to install Ubuntu 10.04 from a disk that came with a
book. This one hangs right out of the box! Could not even run their
painless demo.

Cor