[ale] Google I/O

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Jun 26 13:52:30 EDT 2012

Google I/O is tomorrow through Friday and you can watch live online.

https://developers.google.com/events/io/io-live

Last year The Weather Channel hosted Google I/O Extended, which means people could go to their location, watch on the big screen, and talk amongst ourselves. There was even some Q&A from various locations around the world. It was pretty cool to talk to people and getting out of the office cut down on the distractions. I was hoping they (or the Google offices in Midtown) would do that this year, but no such luck, apparently.

As you know, Google uses Linux on servers and Android. I'm not sure how much, if any, of these sessions will be interesting to strict Linux admins, but I get the sense some people on the list are like me--crossover admins and developers, and the strict admins probably work with developers who might be interested.

Scott

--

Scott Plante, CTO
Insight Systems, Inc.