[ale] OT I had to relate this Comcast conversation with y'all

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jun 26 13:37:31 EDT 2012

On 06/25/2012 11:19 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On 06/25/2012 10:52 PM, Scott Castaline wrote:
>>
>> Are there any advantages price wise over residential? I get the part
>> of supposed better service.
>>

> Price is a bit more but the quality of service is more what I was
> accustomed to with SpeakEasy. The ability to run servers and no
> bandwidth caps was vital for me. I put up with much slower service a
> long time until I was sure I could get servers on Comcast with them
> trying to run them with port blocking and caps. With BusClass, you get a
> pipe and a promise to keep that pipe open and running.

I'm thinking of bailing on Atlanta Nexus.  I've rationalised since 2008
that I was doing better than AT&T.  I can no longer do that.

1.  I'm surrounded by people getting faster speeds.  I see idiots
getting 12+ down and higher.

2.  Internet goes down Friday and I call AN.  I get "AT&T says you are
in an outage area and it will be up by 1pm on Saturday".

3.  No night or weekend support.

Other then the fact they do not block ports and are not afraid of Linux
what does this almost $30 extra a month I pay getting me?

Chris