[ale] Need help with an Ubuntu ks.cfg

Ted W ted at techmachine.net
Wed Jun 20 09:05:40 EDT 2012

I'm trying to automate the installation of my Ubuntu workstation images using kickstart but I seem to be missing something because when I boot off of the ISO I've created it only boots to the initramfs prompt and won't go any further. I'm not using PXE boot for this, I simply wanted to automate the process of answering the install questions automagically and using a local mirror for packages instead of having to update manually after installation completes. Any help figuring out where I've gone wrong would be greatly appreciated. This is my first kickstart file under Ubuntu.

My ks.cfg file is below:

	install
	reboot
	text
	lang en_US.UTF-8
	url --url http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/ubuntu/
	keyboard us

	root --disabled
	user adminuser --fullname "Admin User" --iscrypted MY3ncryptedP at sswordLOLOLOL
	authconfig --enabledsahdow --enabledmd5
	timezone --utc America/New_York
	bootloader --location=mbr --append="quiet" --md5pass MY at ws0megrubp@55!

	%packages