[ale] Skype Linux client updated (finally!)

Lawrence Hamblin infinity.d2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:53:43 EDT 2012

So, on the same day the news breaks out that Skype is going to put ads in
its calls (and actually expects us to have conversations about them), Skype
for Linux finally gets updated to version 4.0, after being on 2.2 beta for
who knows how long.

It'll be a while before I can try it out, since I typically only use new
versions of packages that the Gentoo devs have stabilized.  Still, it's
available for download, along with the blog
post<http://blogs.skype.com/linux/2012/06/skype_40_for_linux.html>to
prove it.

No guarantees that it's better, though.  Skype has gotten worse since
Microsoft bought it.

Lawrence