[ale] Waaaay OT: D-Day +68

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 21:30:50 EDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 07:44 PM, Bob Kruger wrote:

> I rarely answer trolls like this, but...

No fair! "Bob the baby killing mercenary" rolls off the tongue a lot
better than "Leam the guy behind the lines fixing teletypes". Sounds a
lot more manly, too...

I took the post to be something totally different; that the drive and
finances provided to exert national will are being used as an internal
political game without regard to the actual military mission.

The people I have talked that served in the middle east conflicts seem
to tell a lot of good that we are doing. Certainly the ninnies who lay
bombs to attack without risk and hide behind women, children, and
religious structures don't invite a lot of respect.

Today my wife and I stood along the highway as a procession for a fallen
Marine went by. I was proud of the hundred or so Patriot Guard, every
cop car in the county, and police from several local municipalities gave
escort. My wife and I have proudly served and we understand the use and
misuse of the military.

I would probably have as much respect for a Peace Corps person who
served in the Middle East as a service member. It's not the choice of
service but the act of it that makes us strong as individuals and as a
nation.

My trolling contribution, anyway.

Leam