[ale] Running a hands off remote Linux installation

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jul 31 10:25:33 EDT 2012

On 07/31/2012 09:53 AM, Dennis Ruzeski wrote:
> I've always used a drac/ilo for this- They're a great solution if your
> systems support it since they will allow you to recover from the stray
> kernel panic or non-responsive ssh or to remotely patch your bios.
>
> --Dennis
I've never heard of it until now, but my googling makes me believe this
is part of a computer system like Dell or HP.  I'm planning on running
this on an existing AMD system.  I'd rather not have to purchase a
special system.   I think the budget might be stressed by such.

I probably forgot to say this is a shoestring project. ;)

Thanks,
Jim.