[ale] [OT] High Density Binary Paper Storage

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Jul 31 10:10:34 EDT 2012

On 07/30/2012 06:14 PM, Erik Mathis wrote:
> You could always print it all out ;)

Actually, this is a great long term way to store data. laser printed data lasts
longer than any other form of media that I know about.  A quick search for
high-density barcodes can show some of the methods.  Thought I'd seen some
program that stored 20MB of binary data on a single sheet of paper, but couldn't
find it.  I know there were rumors about storing 7GB of data if color was used,
but I wouldn't trust the scanners to recover all that data later, after the
colors faded a little.  It was not PDF417 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF417

Anyone remember and have a link to the program that I can't recall?