[ale] Running a hands off remote Linux installation

Erik Mathis erik at mathists.com
Tue Jul 31 09:22:21 EDT 2012

You need something like this.
http://www.rackmountsolutions.net/Infra-Power-Switched-Rack-PDU.php

Stay away from the Triplite ones. APC has really good ones, but costs
boat loads of money.

I've never used the one pasted above, but I was already on that
website loking for something else. What ever you get, you will want a
SWITCHED strip verse a metered or monitored. The former only allows
you to login and see how the power is being used. Switched allows you
to turn on/off each port.

Of course, your network gear needs to come online be for you do this.

hth!

-Erik-