[ale] OT: How many Linux guys are looking for work in ATL?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Fri Jul 27 08:06:11 EDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 06:25 PM, Brian Stanaland wrote:
> I would love to find one of these $90K/yr jobs. I've been a Linux admin
> since 1998 when my commander handed me a bag of tapes and said install
> this on that and pointed to a sparc 5 pizza box. The only time I've
> gotten $90K was the two years I spent NOT doing Linux admin work.
>
> --Brian

	They are out there, and in the ATL area as well. My last 4 positions
I've taken through work with recruiters have been over $90K annually. I
still get recruiters calling me at least 2-3 times a week asking if I'm
looking or if I know anyone that is and has my skill set.

	Now I've had my share of dealing with good and bad recruiters in the
past and I've told the bad ones to stop bothering to call me and the
good ones check in with me regularly to see if my position has changed
or if I know anyone I could refer.

	If I could just clone myself I could really be making some serious $$$. :)