[ale] RESOLVED - was Re: HELP NEEDED - Comcast cable Modem and linux-centric home network

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:14:36 EDT 2012

Just a followup on my cable modem issues - they were solved by Comcast
putting the device into bridge mode, and I was able to plug my Linksys
router into the modem and tweaked just the address setting mode, and
it worked.

So now I just will monitor the connection, and if all goes well after
a month, I will go out and buy a plain dumb cable modem and return the
rented one.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions, everyone!

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps