[ale] ubuntu 12.04 SLOW!

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sun Jul 15 23:02:36 EDT 2012

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, mike at trausch.us wrote:
> process.  And after killing it you should see it restart.  Additionally,
> unless the things are actually using CPU (e.g., at the top of the list)
> they should not be impacting anything more than a little bit of memory
> usage in the process/thread tables in the kernel itself.

When it is working right, you are correct. What I have been seeing on some
12.04 systems is it is a real pain and killing it immediately drops system
load on a no-load development 12.04 system from .5 to .8 to zero.

It's also affected my main laptop (12.04) at times.. but it doesn't stay
on for days and days.. (usually). On the servers, it seems to become a
pig after a couple of days...