[ale] Giant storage system suggestions

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:18:28 EDT 2012

I feel like a single machine with a pile of drives doesn't qualify as a 'giant storage system' to most of us.  Though I suppose if I change the emphasis on what words I pay attention to, I could read this as 'a giant storage machine' ;-)

Please use something like RAID10 on these disks, it'll halve your usable space, but provide a little resiliency.

-Scott