[ale] [OT] On suits and blogs

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:07:02 EDT 2012

All,

Some time back we had a discussion about suits and a couple weeks ago I
posted a blog about 10 vital steps for job seekers. For those who don't
know, I'm putting what was said to the test. When I wrote the blog post it
was not just "what I've done before" but "what I'm doing right now". I have
been interviewing with three different companies for a total of four
different positions. The things I wrote about have made my interviews go
very well and have guided me in the process.

For two of the three interviews I wore a nice suit that I purchased just
for the job search. It's expensive, does its best to make me look good, and
is tailor to my shapely form.   At the other interview I knew the dress
code was very casual so I wore cargo slacks, a polo shirt, and my Vibram 5
toes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying like made for clarity as offers
may or may not be extended. At this stage I feel I've done the best job I
can in presenting myself and look forward to the responses. For those of
you on the ALE list who are considering a career move, this is a great
place to find Off Topic but important information.

Thanks for your thoughts, and thanks for appreciating mine!

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>