[ale] Language Formatting (wuz: flip flopping on programming, now interested in c++)

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:22:13 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/3/12, Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> > We are picking nits here.  Just the same, you shouldn't have to have the
> > language enforce your formatting.
>
> The interesting thing about Python's formatting is that it lets you
> avoid some character typing. So while it may not be everyone's cup of
> tea it at least provides some benefit for the trade.
>
> Leam
>
> --
> Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>

Many IDEs have a tabbify/spacify feature that keeps the mismatches down to
a minimum, bit letting you convert 4 spaces to a tab and vice versa.  I
like python and tend to do similar indents when I am writing shell scripts
to aid reading comprehension.

Wolf

Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton at apache.org